When your home or new room extension does not have any ductwork, you have two options available for efficient air conditioning: ductless or central. Central air conditioning, the most popular form of AC found in homes, involves adding ductwork to the home, while ductless air conditioning is growing in popularity because of the ease of installation and many other advantages. However, choosing which system is right for your home depends upon what factors are most important to you.
What are the Benefits of Central Air Conditioning?
For some, adding ductwork to the home is not a possibility. But for others, the benefits of central air conditioning may be worth the hassle.
- Low-Cost Installation: If you already have ductwork in your home, installing central air conditioning is usually the least expensive option.
- No Visible Air Handlers: Some people may be put off by the indoor air handlers of ductless systems. These units are mounted high on the walls or suspended from the ceilings, whereas ducts are hidden from view.
What are the Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning?
- No Duct Losses: Unfortunately, many ducts eventually begin to leak because they are poorly installed or insulated, or else they develop loose connections over time. This costs homeowners a lot every month in energy spending, a problem that will never occur with a ductless system.
- Zone Control: All ductless systems with multiple air handlers allow you to control the temperature in any room separately from the other indoor units. This means that family members with different preferences can adjust the temperature to their needs in separate zones. You can also save money by setting the AC to a higher temperature in areas of the home that go unoccupied throughout the day.
- High SEER: Often, ductless air conditioners are more energy-efficient than ducted systems, and not only due to zone control or the elimination of duct losses. Ductless air conditioners often have a higher SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) than ducted systems, allowing for even more savings every month.
You don’t have to make the decision on your own. Call the professionals at G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc. today for more information about ductless air conditioning installation in Lynnwood, WA.