Have you noticed that your air conditioner isn’t operating the way it usually does? Maybe your first thought is that something is wrong with your system, but this just doesn’t make sense because you just had your AC checked. There is another possible culprit though–your thermostat.
If your thermostat is out of whack or needs to be replaced, it will impact your ability to keep cool. That is why you want to make sure you have this system checked and, when necessary, updated. We can help you figure out if and when you need a new thermostat and what your options for an upgrade are.
When Your Thermostat is Faltering
Not everyone knows what it looks like when their thermostat starts to have a problem. Whether it is disconnected wires or simply a thermostat that needs to be replaced, here are the signs to watch for that let you know something is up:
- A system that won’t start or won’t shut down. If your thermostat is disconnected or having problems getting the right commands to your air conditioner, it will show up in how your system operates. This is usually shown in an AC that either doesn’t start after you set your temperature, or won’t shut down even after running for a long time.
- The temperature is always wrong. Let’s say you are walking around your home and you can feel that the home is edging towards 80°F but when you go to look at your thermostat it is reading things at 71°F. It is likely that your thermostat isn’t reading the temperature correctly which will impact your comfort.
- Your AC system short cycles. If your thermostat isn’t picking up on the temperature correctly or is struggling to pick up on temperature changes, it may lead to short cycling which is damaging to your air conditioner.
- The thermostat isn’t responding. Whatever thermostat type you have (slider, dial, digital, etc.) it should respond to the changes you make if it is turned on. This could mean that your thermostat has disconnected or simply broken down and needs to be replaced.
What New Thermostat Options Are Out There?
So if your thermostat is on its way out, or you simply need to update to a better type of thermostat from an outdated one, it helps to know your options. Let us tell you about the perks of switching to a Wi-Fi thermostat or a Smart programmable thermostat.
- Wireless thermostats: A wireless thermostat is going to be accessible via an app on your phone or tablet. This means you can change the temperature to start cooling the home before you leave work or adjust things while you are on vacation.
- Smart or programmable thermostats: A smart or programmable thermostat is also going to be controllable via an app but it will also offer you the ability to create a program for your home comfort to help you save money.
If you are in the market for an updated thermostat in Everett, WA makes sure you schedule your service with a professional technician.