With the coldest time of the year behind us already, many people are looking past spring to the summer season that looms just around the corner. It is a time of anticipation and hope; however, for many budget conscious homeowners, it is also a period of trepidation. With energy costs being as high as they are, some people may find the prospect of kicking their air conditioners into gear a bit daunting. That is why the professionals on our staff have put together a few tips to help you enjoy more efficient air conditioning in North Seattle this year. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the pros here at G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc.
- Use Your Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans are powerful allies to air conditioners. They are not, of course, capable of cooling air in the manner of an AC. However, they can help you to better distribute that cooled air throughout your home, boosting comfort levels.
- Close Your Blinds: You don’t want to hibernate your way through the summer. However, it is wise to shut your blinds during the hottest time of the day. By pulling the curtains shut, you can block out a lot of natural heat gain which would otherwise warm up your home.
- Open Up the Windows: When running your AC, you don’t want to have your window open (obviously). However, you can give your AC a break by shutting it off and opening up your windows when the weather cools off for the night. Shut them when it begins to warm up to trap that naturally cool air within.
- Upgrade Your Thermostat: Do you have an old, outdated thermostat? Invest in a programmable, or even a smart, model. This can help you to exercise better control over the way in which you use energy when cooling your home.
- Upgrade Your AC: There are plenty of ways in which to boost the efficiency of your air conditioning system shy of replacing it with a newer model. Consider the integration of a zone control system into your AC setup, for instance. Of course, you should also schedule routine AC maintenance to keep your system as efficient as possible. Contact us to learn more.