You’ve no doubt heard tell of just how important it is to schedule routine air conditioning maintenance, and you’ve certainly seen it mentioned here if you’ve been keeping up with our blog. What you may not totally understand, though, is just what goes on during a routine maintenance tune-up. If you think that you can get the same great benefits that professional maintenance offers just by changing your air filter and spraying down the outdoor uint with the hose, think again. Read on to learn more about what actually happens when a professional technician tunes up your air conditioner in Everett, WA.
- The thermostat that you use to regulate the operation of your home cooling system will be checked, along with its settings. We’ll make sure that you are able to regulate your AC successfully for maximum efficiency and performance levels.
- All electrical connections will be tested and tightened. You need to know that the voltage and current levels in the system’s motors are in the proper range, or else you risk serious system damage and an unsafe operation.
- All moving parts will have to be sufficiently lubricated. If not, they will create too much friction, putting excess wear on the system and wasting energy.
- The condensate drain will be checked and, if necessary, clean. That way, backing up water and subsequent damage won’t be a concern.
- System controls will also have to be evaluated. These automated controls are integral in geting your system up and running, and shutting it down properly.
- Refrigerant levels should be checked as well. If you have a refrigerant leak, your system will struggle to cool your home effectively and its condition is put at risk.
- Evaporator and condenser coils are cleaned. This keeps energy costs in check and helps the system to cool your home successfully.
Let G & S Heating Cooling & Electric keep your air conditioner working properly.