There are several choices available for homeowners when it comes to choosing a replacement for your aging air conditioner. One that has gained popularity over the last few years is the ductless mini-split system. Long-used in commercial properties, ductless air conditioners have become a great option for homeowners for several reasons. If you are considering a replacement for your air conditioning system, you may want to look at a ductless system from G&S Heating, Cooling and Electrical, Inc., to see what it can offer you and your property.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
A ductless mini-split air conditioner is an AC system that delivers whole-home air conditioning without the use of ductwork. Ductless ACs use an outdoor unit very similar to a traditional split-system air conditioner in combination with individual indoor blowers instead of ducts.
What Are the Benefits to a Ductless Mini-Split System?
There a several benefits to installing a ductless air conditioner:
- No need for expensive ductwork – as the name indicates, and as stated above, no ductwork is needed for a ductless system to work. This eliminates the need to install expensive ductwork into a home without it, as well as the need to install ductwork into any addition you may add to your home.
- Automatic zone control – each blower you install is programmable, allowing owners to set an exact temperature for each room or area that it covers. This creates better comfort and energy efficiency.
- Easier installation – blowers for a ductless system are rather small andinstall easily above doorways and windows, can be mounted flush against a wall or hang from a ceiling. The blowers connect to the outside unit through a 3” hole placed in an exterior wall that will hold the conduit that connects the two components. One outside unit can support up to 4 blowers.
- Small space requirement – as stated above, the individual blowers for a ductless air conditioner are not very large, allowing for them to be mounted in spaces where larger ductwork or window air conditioners won’t work.
- Great for specialized architecture – specialized architecture, such as vaulted ceilings, can be a challenge to cool evenly. With a ductless blower, you can cool individual spaces as needed without affecting other parts of your home.
Is a Ductless Mini System for Me?
The best way to determine if a ductless mini-system split air conditioner is a good choice for your air conditioning replacement in Lynnwood is to work with a trained professional. Many factors should be considered before purchasing any air conditioning system and a ductless system is no exception.
Call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., today and schedule a consultation with one of our experts to see if a ductless air conditioner is a good fit for you.