Most homeowners have some basic safety precautions in place. You have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, we’re sure. A circuit breaker, of course. You may even have fire extinguishers stashed away in various areas of your home. While these devices are all great for protecting yourself and your family, though, you must remember that you also have to protect your home. If a power surge hits your electrical system, it can do serious damage to that system and to the many different electronics and devices that are plugged into it. That is why using a whole-house surge protector in Everett, WA is so beneficial.
But I Already Have Surge Protectors Plugged Into the Wall
That is the most common reasoning against investing in a whole-house surge protection system, and it is sadly quite off base. While those little power strips with surge protection capabilities may be handy to some degree, the fact of the matter is that they are simply not going to offer the comprehensive level of protection that a whole-house surge protector will. Do you have a power strip plugged into every outlet in your home? If not, that is the first sign of subpar protection. A whole-house surge protect is hardwired directly into your electrical system, and will stop a surge from burning out your circuits before it can even enter the home.
This is another consideration to make. A power surge doesn’t necessarily have to enter your home via the wiring. It could do so via a television cable or internet line. If that happens, then those power strips are all but useless. You also cannot plug large appliances into those strips, either. With a whole-house surge protector, though, everything in your home is covered, regardless of how the power surge infiltrates your living space.
Schedule your surge protection services with the pros at G & S Heating Cooling & Electric.