Energy efficiency is always a priority during heating season, and for good reason: it can save you money. But what if you aren’t sure how to improve your energy efficiency? It may be time to consider an energy audit. An energy audit can pinpoint the exact areas in your home where you are losing energy, and how you are losing it. This type of information can be tremendously helpful in making your heating both more efficient this winter, while also potentially saving you some money. Energy audits should only be conducted by certified and trained experts, and the technicians at G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., are BPI-certified building experts. If you need help determining where you are losing energy in your home, call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., today.
What Is an Energy Audit?
An energy audit is a series of tests and evaluations done in your home to pinpoint areas where you are losing heating (or cooling). The types of tasks that can be performed during an energy audit are:
- Full evaluation of equipment
- Assessment of insulation levels
- Testing for air leaks
- Assessment of ductwork, including air flow
The auditor may also review past energy bills to assess the trend of energy usage and cost over the last year.
Benefits of an Energy Audit
Here are some of the benefits you can gain from scheduling an energy audit:
- Better energy efficiency – as mentioned above, an energy audit helps pinpoint the areas where you are losing the heating in your home. Being able to remediate the exact areas of air loss can help you regain tremendous energy efficiency. In fact, Energy.gov states that the energy efficiency you can regain from an energy audit ranges from 5%-30%.
- Improved comfort – when you reduce air loss, the heating in your home becomes more even and comfortable.
- Less stress on your system – when you lose energy anywhere in your home, your heating (or cooling) system has to work harder to achieve your set temperature. This can create excessive wear and tear and contribute to premature aging.
If you are concerned about preserving the energy efficiency of your heating system, call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., today and schedule an energy audit or heating service in Lynnwood with one of our BPI-certified building experts.