Scheduling maintenance for your heating system isn’t like wearing white after Labor Day: there is no hard and fast rule. While certain times of year can be more opportune to schedule heating maintenance in Everett, such as spring and fall, the truth is that anytime is a good time, especially if it’s been more than 12 months since your last maintenance visit. Why is maintenance so important? We’ll outline some reasons below, but first, let’s take a look at what a routine maintenance appointment entails.
What Happens During a maintenance Appointment?
Every maintenance appointment is tailored to the type of heating unit you have, but there are certain tasks are done during a routine maintenance appointment with every kind of heating system:
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Cleaning and adjusting of components
- Small repair (frayed wires, worn fan belts)
- Check thermostat
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check system controls
- Check condensate pipe (if system has one)
- Check all fuel connections
- Check system pressure
- Check burner and pilot assemblies
- Inspection of flue
- Change air filter
- Conduct performance and safety tests
What Are the Benefits of Maintenance?
As you can see, maintenance isn’t just a once-over of your system; it is a full tune-up and it offers several important benefits for you and your heating system:
- Better energy efficiency – every heating system is made to operate at a certain level of energy efficiency. When the components are dirty and worn from seasons past, your heater can’t achieve the energy efficiency level is was made to. The tune-up your system receives during a routine maintenance appointment allows it to operate at the energy efficiency it was made to.
- Prevents repairs – one of the reasons your heating system is thoroughly inspected during a maintenance appointment is to identify any existing or developing problems; by getting ahead of problems, and taking care of the system with cleaning, lubrication and adjustment, you can stave off repairs.
- Extends life of equipment – maintenance keeps your entire system in good working order, which helps prevent premature aging.
Don’t let unwritten rules stop you from scheduling heating maintenance. Call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., today and schedule a maintenance appointment with one of our experts.