Besides the cool air, what we like most about air conditioning in North Seattle is that we don’t have to do anything to still live in a cool climate when it’s boiling outside. With programmed thermostats adjusting the temperatures automatically, we don’t even have to turn it on.
Air conditioning units are designed to last for quite a while, so long as they are maintained regularly. A service contract with a reputable company ensures reliable maintenance and establishes a relationship so that if anything should go wrong, your call for help will be at the top of the list with a mechanic who likely knows the details of your particular unit.
Maintenance often includes:
- a check for the correct amount of refrigerant in the system;
- a pressurized system test for any leaks using an actual leak detector tool;
- a controlled evacuation and disposal of any excess refrigerant instead of an illegal toss in the dumpster;
- a check for and seal of any duct leakage within the in central systems;
- a measure of air flow through the evaporator coil;
- a verification of the correct electric control sequence, making sure the heating and cooling systems cannot operate simultaneously;
- an inspection, cleaning and maintenance of the electric terminals and applying a non-conductive coating if necessary;
- a check of all belts for tightness and wear;
- a check for oil in the motors;
- a check for the accuracy of the thermostat.
Call G & S today to schedule your maintenance visit!