It’s easy to take for granted that an air conditioning system will operate fine for years without much help from you. If your AC needs to have repairs, you can schedule them and then forget about it until another repair need crops up later.
However, an AC must have regular maintenance—done every year from a licensed professional—for it to live up to the standard its manufacturer set for it. Similar to a car, an air conditioner that does not receive routine maintenance to inspect it for problems and take care of necessary adjustments and tune-ups will not last long—especially if you use it extensively during the summer.
However, signing up for regular maintenance is a snap: just contact G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc. and ask about our pre-paid maintenance program. Get this task done in spring before the summer heat arrives so you will have sufficient time to take care of any repair needs discovered during the maintenance visit.
What happens to an air conditioner if it doesn’t receive annual maintenance from an HVAC technician?
- The system will begin to age rapidly, leading to a premature breakdown and need for replacement.
- The increasing amount of stress from deterioration will begin to lower the system’s efficiency by 5% per year, if not more. This will lead to an increase in electrical bills.
- The air conditioner will begin to incur frequent repairs.
- The cooling performance of the system will start to drop.
Maintenance consists of a number of inspections and tasks that will reduce strain on the AC and see that it operates at its best. These steps include:
- Changing the air filter.
- Clearing the condensate drain.
- Tightening all electrical connections.
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Checking on the refrigerant charge.
- Looking over the motors to spot extra stress and loss of lubrication.
- Checking on airflow levels.
- Replacing failing capacitors.
- Tests on the electrical systems.
- Visual check for malfunctions.
At G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc., we encourage our customers to have their air conditioning maintenance in Mill Creek, WA done during the spring (and have heating maintenance in the fall). When you sign up for our pre-paid maintenance program, along with your two tune-ups per year you will also receive a 10% discount on parts and labor for all repairs, priority scheduling (jump to the head of the line!), and never pay overtime rates. Place the care of your air conditioner in our skilled hands and you will enjoy many years of effective and efficient service from it.