Because the water heater in your home is typically located away from your view, you probably never consider its many parts and components—until there is a major problem. When there is no hot water coming from the faucets and fixtures in your home, you may begin to wonder which parts are responsible and what repairs you can make on your own. Generally, it’s best to leave these repairs to professionals, for safety and operational reasons and since the repair need can be difficult to determine.
Now water from your tank or tankless unit in the Puget Sound area? Call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc. for professional tank or tankless water heater repair.
Storage Tank Water Heater Repair Problems
If you own a storage tank water heater, there can be quite a few reasons for a lack of hot water, some of which are listed here.
- Broken Dip Tube: The dip tube lets cold water in to the bottom of the tank so that it can heat up at the burner or electric heating element and rise to the top. If this fragile piece breaks in half, you may run out of hot water too quickly.
- Faulty Burner: The burner may not function properly if there is a faulty thermocouple on the pilot, a broken burner, or a faulty electric heating element.
- Safety Shutoffs: There a few safety controls in a water heater that may cause the gas valve to close if the pressure in the tank is too high or if the gas flow is somehow restricted.
Common Tankless Water Heater Issues
Tankless water heaters are meant to last for many years, but the following problems can explain a lack of hot water.
- No Power to the Unit: The tankless heater could simply not have any power to the unit due to a tripped breaker.
- Thermostat Malfunction: It may be the case that the thermostat in the unit is not properly detecting the temperature of the water. Furthermore, a unit can struggle in colder weather if the temperature is set too high.
- A Dying Unit: Unfortunately, the computer system that powers your water heater may eventually simply fail without warning. Professional replacement is sometimes the best option.
G&S Heating, Cooling & Electrical, Inc. has the expertise to diagnose your water heater troubles and make the necessary corrections as quickly as possible. Contact us today for tank or tankless water heater repair in Bellevue.