DIY can seem easy for anyone when you watch it on TV, but the truth is that many home and property projects are not good choices to do yourself. One type of home project that is better left to a professional is air conditioning installation. Since 1977, G&S Heating, Cooling & Electric, Inc. has helped customers with air conditioning installation in Shoreline. We’ve seen first-hand the many problems that can arise from DIY AC installations. Before you move ahead with installing your own air conditioning, consider the following reasons why it’s better to use a trained professional.
DIY Can Cost You Money
There are a few ways DIY can cost you more money than hiring a professional:
- You miss out on special savings – professional HVAC companies purchase equipment and components at lower rates, and these savings can be passed on to our customers.
- Mistakes can be costly – air conditioning systems are complex, which leaves a lot of room to make mistakes. Mistakes can cost you money, which may add up significantly.
- Incorrect sizing – purchasing the wrong-sized air conditioner is a common problem with DIY due to incorrect cooling load calculations. Trained technicians know how to correctly calculate cooling loads, ensuring you install the right-sized air conditioner for your home.
- Safety – air conditioning systems are electro-mechanical appliances, meaning they are not just mechanically sophisticated, they are also electrically complex. In addition, they need refrigerant to run, a chemical that requires a special certification to handle. Unless you are extremely knowledgeable about all of these things, you may be putting yourself and your home at risk.
- Expeditious installation – professional HVAC technicians install air conditioning systems every day. As a result, they have a level of speed with installation you most likely can’t match.
Always Call an HVAC Expert
It’s important to save money, but when it comes to DIY versus hiring a professional, you need to take a very close look at what you’d really be saving when handling certain home-based projects on your own. Air conditioners are complex systems that require a lot of knowledge and experience for proper installation; if you don’t have it, it may be time to consider using a professional.
Call G&S Heating, Cooling & Electric, Inc., today and schedule a consultation with one of our installation experts.